Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A New Year Begins

Best intentions of posting didn't happen yesterday, so here I am today.  I discovered this post from Tone It Up late yesterday, and decided that I should do it, too.  So, 100 miles (walk, run, cycle, whatever) from now till Valentine's Day.  I'm going to have to put in 3.5 miles per day for the next three days, as I'm already behind. Ack!

I would have started today, but last night there was no sleep to be had as Remy proceeded to scare me by making noises like he wanted to vomit (but didn't), was shaking, and licking his nose constantly.  This happened all night, so much so that I seriously considered a trip to the vet but my brother convinced me to wait it out.  He's doing so much better now, but I haven't left him alone at all.  He's slept most of the day, but the previous symptoms are gone, and he's eating and drinking and wagging his tail.  Nonetheless, I'll continue to keep a close watch over him.

Now, I'll talk less and show more:
English muffin, tofu scramble.
Errands (and car ride for Remy), included a super quick trip to Natural Grocers for a few bulk items:
And an impulse buy for lunch:
I thought of Sarah when I saw this included dolma.  :)  The whole box was really good.
 As you can tell, I took the day off from "greens".  Ha ha! It should be noted that I ate a lot of kale chips yesterday.  ;)

I hope your evening has been wonderful!  See you soon. . .

14 comments:

  1. Awww poor Remy! I'm so glad that he's doing better but I know how scary it is when pups get sick. Tyler is very skittish and he will melt down anytime he hears a loud noise so I have to try and calm down a trembling, panting, scared pup and it freaks me out. I'm so glad Remy is on the mend though!

    Awesome job with the workout!! Your meals look delicious too! Haha you know I'd love that mediterranean plate. How amazing are the stuffed grape leaves?! Yum! The pasta looks delicious as always!

    Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is basically back to normal now, thank you! Tyler is so sweet, I can imagine those big noises can be overwhelming!

      I re-did the math, and it's 2.4 miles a day since I started late! I'll probably have to do it all indoors, minus walks with Remy, as it is too cold run outside. Did you check out their program? The additional workouts seem pretty good, too!

      Delete
  2. Happy new year. I hope Remy continues to feel better. Good thing you were able to avoid a trip to the vet. The food looks yummy, especially the scramble. Good luck with your 100 mile challenge. Go Ingrid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel! He does seem to be better, at the time I was panicking and just didn't want to make the wrong decision - to go or not to go.

      Thank you for your support! It might be a little rough! ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh my, how scary for you and Remy! I'm glad to hear that he's doing better, but can just imagine how worried you were. :(

    100 miles by Valentine's Day is pretty awesome! I think that's a great goal to have.

    The Falafel King meal looks fantastic. That's definitely a Sarah meal! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, Molly - I'm glad he is better. Sick pups are no fun.

      I am excited because it can be any kind of activity. Thus, if I'm too tired to run, I can walk and still feel good about it. :)

      It was a great meal, definitely Sarah approved!

      Delete
    2. Is Remy still doing okay? I hope so! Give him some kisses and belly rubs for me. :)

      Delete
  4. Dolmas = Sarah. Always.

    Your Tofu Scrambles always look nice and creamy.

    Remy's symptoms sound like he was nauseas. My pups like to eat grass when they get an upset stomach. Then they vomit the grass and all is well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha! Yes, we all have foods that we associate with one another.

      I do believe I have perfected the tofu scramble to my taste, and sometimes restaurants cannot compare. ;)

      I think you're right, and I wish that he had vomited just so he would feel better faster. I'll have to remember that about the grass! Thank you!

      Delete
  5. I like yr exercise plan. It sounds really doable, even if yr a little behind schedule. maybe I should have planned something like that too. I guess I still can :)
    The Falafel King meal looks great, even that pita! Really fluffy.
    I hope Remy is doing better now. I'm really anxious about stuff like that with Haxan too... usually it's just a hairball or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you can! I started a little late myself, and I figure as long as I get it in - it doesn't matter when or how!

      It was so good, I had it again yesterday. Ha! ;)

      Our animals are family, and it's always anxiety inducing when they aren't well!

      Delete
  6. Hope Remy's on the mend, and props for the 100 mile challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is, thank you! It's a challenge unlike anything I've ever done, so I am hoping for the best. :)

      Delete
  7. Hello, new follower here and I’d like to invite you to join me at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/01/clever-chicks-blog-hop-17-and-secret.html



    I hope you can make it!

    Cheers,

    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete