Sunday, January 6, 2013

A Craving

It would seem that I am now on the search for collard greens.  I've been thinking about them for at least a week, and when I went to THREE different stores (Whole Foods, Sprouts, King Soopers), no one had them.  Lots of mustard and turnip greens, but I'm just not into those.  Thus, on my grocery trip(s) today, I picked up these:
I still have plenty of kale on hand, and usually do.  Mark my word, I will get my hands on some collards! ;)

On to the meals:  Breakfast tofu tacos
Unofficial lunch as I munched throughout the afternoon:
And a super juicy pear.
I'm honestly quite over pasta, as I've had it in the last week, but I didn't want to stink up the house with what I had planned to make (braised cabbage with seitan).  Nonetheless, it tasted fine.
Garlic Marinara, Nate's Meatless Meatballs, Vegan Parm.

I've eaten this less smelly meal as a friend will be coming over shortly to watch the season three premiere of Downton Abbey.  I'm a big fan of well done period dramas, especially British productions.  Anyone else watch?  

8 comments:

  1. I always smile when I read that fellow vegans crave greens :) We are a rare breed and I love it so much! I hope that you find your collards!

    Those tofu tacos look absolutely phenomenal. The kale chips look yummy and a juicy pear sounds delicious right now. I'm not really into pasta so I know what it's like to get sick of it. Funny that you chose your meal to spare your friend of cabbage smell ;) I doubt your friend would have cared though.

    I've never seen Downton Abbey but have heard great things about it. Enjoy the premiere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely get my hands on some soon! I am a kale eating machine, so I need a little variety in my life! ;)

      The pear was absolutely amazing! I think that is tied with the kale chips for the best part of the day. Poor cabbage, it still didn't get cooked today because I got home so late, followed by long with Remy = Whole Foods Salad Bar. Such a slacker!

      Delete
  2. So strange, I couldn't find any spinach this weekend at the store! I wonder what's up with that?

    My mom has been watching Downtown Abbey and really likes it. She told me about it a lot but I haven't seen it at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I talked to two produce people at different stores, one said they had been short on greens lately, and the other said their truck was stuck up north of Fort Collins. Definitely something strange going on.

      Good to know your mother and I have great taste in programming. ;)

      Delete
  3. Sometimes, when your body is talking to you via the language of cravings, you just have to listen! My cravings tend to come in two varieties - green (broccoli and spinach) or greedy (cake, cake and more cake)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Hopefully we all have more green cravings rather than greedy. ;)

      Delete
  4. Hard to believe you can't find Collards. They're so common. Let me know if you need me to mail you some.

    We recorded Season 3/1st Episode 'Downton Abbey' but haven't watched it yet so 'No spoilers!'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do! I'll look again later in the week, and update on the blog.

      No spoilers really to be given. I just love Maggie Smith. She has the best one liners, and the most hilarious facial expressions! Last season I loved the Bates and Anna storyline, we'll see where it goes this season. Once you watch it, tell me what you think about Mrs. Hughes (the housekeeper)'s situation. . .(is that vague enough? Ha!).

      Delete