Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Warm & Wintery

Meteorologist Remy discovered there was about two inches of snow on the ground this morning.
So, we did our best to stay indoors and eat warm food.  
Slightly mangled by the waffle iron, but nonetheless tasty blueberry waffle with syrup.
Broccoli - Cauliflower - Potato Cream Soup, made by yours truly.
There was also a few kale chips, but you know what they look like by now.
Closer to dinner time, a small snack of Tamari roasted pumpkin seeds:
Dinner was out for Pho with a friend:
Small #5 (tofu) with veggie broth, apologies for the blurry picture.
A variety of onion for garnish: green onion, white onion, and fried onion.  I added bean sprouts and Sriracha after the picture.

As Colorado has now sent the snow towards the mid-west, my apologies to Molly and her pack (specifically Emma!) in advance - apparently the storm will bring you a foot of snow! Stay warm!

10 comments:

  1. Ugh I do not envy any snowfall. I still have nightmares of the horrific winter we had a few years ago where it just dumped 2 feet of snow at least once a week for a few weeks. It was horrible. It looks like you coped with lots of delicious, warm, comforting foods! The waffle looks great and your soup, OMG!! It looks thick and delicious! I'm so jealous of your pho, I really need to get some! There's a recipe in Crazy Sexy Kitchen, maybe I should try it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily, the snow has mostly melted, save the parts that don't see much sunshine. Being snowed in is fun for about three hours, and then we all want out! Ha!

      Both soups were really fantastic, especially when battling the cold! Ooh, I'd love to hear about her pho recipe.

      Delete
  2. Snow! I want some! maybe if I borrow Remy he can sniff some out for me?
    The soup looks perfect for that. The waffles as well. I'd say you succeeded food wise, hopefully warmth wise too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha! I think the snow we had is moving across the country, and I did hear something about NY - but I think it was mostly upstate. I'll be sure and tune in to Remy's next forecast. ;)

      Yes, definitely warm food to keep me toasty!

      Delete
  3. Does Remy like the snow? He looks a bit miffed about it all. :)

    Your eats look incredible, especially that soup. Perfect food the weather lately! I hope you and Remy are staying warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He likes a good frolic in the snow when we first get outside, but then he will lift a front paw once he stops moving - kind of like he realizes it's cold! Thus, I'd say he enjoys it for about one minute. ;)

      Thanks, it was a cozy and warm food day!

      Delete
  4. Blueberry Waffles are next on my agenda. Gorgeous soup. Looks like the snow is the perfect height for Remy's inner wolf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see the waffles! Soup is nice and warm. Remy's inner wolf, ha! He doesn't bark very often, let alone howl, but when he does -it's adorable.

      Delete
  5. SNOW ENVY! Over here's nothing but rain. I could go some of that soup right now, and those pumpkin seeds. Oh yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joey! We could use a little rain, too - it's quite dry here! The soup is really good. :)

      Delete