Thursday, December 6, 2012

New Tricks

The day started with a body weight circuit workout, followed by a new twist on plain baked oatmeal.
Final result: yummy.
Met a friend and her one month old at Starbucks.  Tall hot apple cider.
Lunch was based on Skinny Bitch Ultimate Everyday Cookbook's Roasted Curry Cauliflower, but I added in brussel sprouts.
Dinner was out of Robin Robertson's 1,000 Vegan Recipes.  I have loved everything I've ever made out of this book.  I continued my slight Indian-food inspired day by making saag (almost - no garam masala) with fresh spinach, and chapati (unleavened Indian flatbread).  Served with a pile of garlic hummus.
I followed her chapati recipe and it was easier than anything I read online.  Not to mention, my rolling pin saw daylight (err. . .indoor lights) for the first time in years.  I only omitted brushing them with Earth Balance.  I made three, and I'm stuffed. 

I realize the amount of garlic and onion from dinner is oozing out of my pores.  If you can smell it through the computer, I apologize.  Have a great night!

14 comments:

  1. Great job with the workout! I took a break from training starting from last week because of the health problems I've been having and I really miss my grueling workouts but sometimes you just need to listen to your body. I'll be back to kicking ass soon enough and I'll be keeping up with you for inspiration!

    Ooooh breakfast looks so good and a hot cider sounds so perfect right now! Great choice! Brussels are a great addition to the cauliflower and dinner sounds delicious!! I love garlic and onion heavy meals, even if I smell after. So worth it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're still ahead of me in the workout department! I worked out very little this first semester of school, and am just now getting back. Ugh! I know you'll be able to meet with your soon. :)

      Regardless of the bulb overdose, I repeated the meal on Friday night, too! Ha!

      Delete
  2. What a delicious looking day. The Brussels sprouts and cauliflower look SO good. I have never made chapati (or any Indian flatbread), but I imagine it must be quite satisfying to do it yourself. Too much garlic? Certainly not! Sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you are my bread and pastry role model - let me tell you that making chapati is so easy! Very few ingredients, and pretty foolproof.

      I love garlic, too!

      Delete
  3. Oooo! Oatmeal with cashew butter sounds really yummy. Such a perfect breakfast!

    Garlic and onions can really hang around for a while after you eat them, can't they? I love them but they can do a number on me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good! I tried it the next day with almond butter, and it wasn't nearly as awesome.

      Very true! I'm surprised Remy still wanted to snuggle. ;)

      Delete
  4. what a fabulously delicious day! and no worries...garlic is so good for you!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. After a day like that, you must be oozing good health along with the Garlic & Onions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is entirely possible! I had it again the next night, so I should be even more healthy now, right? ;)

      Delete
  6. Hey Ingrid!
    I've got an award for you over at my blog http://www.skinny-vegan-food.com/2012/12/one-lovely-blog-award.html
    Feel free to play along or ignore it if you want!
    Love & smiles xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Completely with you on 1,000 Vegan Recipes - one of my favourites. I've never had a bad dish from there, I think! That cauli and brussels combo is calling to me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I picked up that cookbook! It really is fantastic.

      Delete