Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Mixing in the Green

Tofu scramble: tomato, spinach, garlic powder, Cholula, and nooch.
After a walk with Remy around the park that used to be a cemetery, I picked up a new beverage:

It was pretty good.  Much more mild than my usual Kombucha brand.
Miso soup for lunch: kombu broth, wakame, white miso paste, noodles, shallots, green onion, Sriracha.
Yes, more of these:
It was about three stems worth, spread over two trays.  They are so light, and if you eat them while warm. . .wow.  I'm addicted.

Dinner: Pasta con Broccoli from Appetite for Reduction 
By the way, while at the park today - people were lounging in the grass, picnicking.  High of 70 degrees. It's December, right?! 

6 comments:

  1. What a great day Ingrid! That's my favorite veggie combo for a tofu scramble :) Yours looks really delicious! Your miso soup looks absolutely gorgeous, I love soup season! Haha isn't the dehydrator great?! I should make some kale chips soon too. I've had my eye on that AFR recipe, looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that combo, too! Miso soup is so good. I'm so glad my parent's haven't asked for it back! Ha! I'm constantly reminded to use it solely based on the fact that it has to sit out - no storage in this kitchen.

      This pasta and broccoli is so tasty - you'll love it!

      Delete
  2. Isn't that your Dad's dehydrator or something? Looks like a very positive day (including the walk in the graveyard).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! It is, and he hasn't used it more than a dozen times since its original purchase in the early 90's. If they really want it back, they'll tell me. Right? ;)

      Delete
  3. If you wake up to a good fu scramble, you know it's going to be a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joey! The breakfast crossandwich was pretty spectacular!

      Delete