Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Hot Meals

I know I need a green smoothie in my life, but it's been so frigid recently that all I want in the morning is something warm.  I mixed it up today with a baked pear:
Scoop out the center, and level the curve of the pear, before placing it on foil in a baking vessel of your choice.  In total: 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla, 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of brown sugar, generous dousing of cinnamon.  400 degrees, twenty minutes. 

A little later in the morning, this workout from Peanut Butter Fingers.  I love all of her circuit workouts.  Remy loves to attack my face while I'm doing push-ups or plank.  (In case you're curious: I used five pound weights for the lifting segments.)

Lunch was Sarah inspired as I was thinking Unfried Rice.  It was kind of that, but using what I had around:
Tofu (seasoned with Turmeric and white miso), all parts of a green onion, steamed brussel sprouts, and brown rice tossed in a little Shoyu and chopped garlic.

I volunteered to help at an event for work, so I was there for about four hours.  Seven hours after lunch, too hungry to cook, thus I heated leftover chili for dinner.  Served with crackers.
I imagine I'll end the evening with a big mug of hot tea.  Are you able to eat cold meals when it's cold outside? I seem unable to make it happen.  Have a great night!

10 comments:

  1. I am so with you! It's really tough to eat cold food in the winter and smoothies become a rarity in my house. Which is going to be a problem if I want to try and eat more raw ha! Your baked pear looks so delicious though! It's a perfect cold weather breakfast!

    Another awesome job with the workout! Unfried rice seems like a great post workout meal too! So glad you like it and I love your version of it. It's a great photo too! Oh man 7 hours between meals I can imagine how drained you must have been! That chili was a perfect quick, hearty meal to refuel. I see some tea in my future too ;)

    have a good night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just have to remember our fruit love affairs during summer for breakfast, and it all evens out right?! I do want to get in a salad or three sometime soon. That might seem more reasonable than a cold smoothie.

      Thanks, I'm feeling it today, and was already a little sore from Monday's cardio session. I should have done some yoga, like the DVD you purchased!

      Thank you for the photo applause, I liked it a lot too. :)

      Delete
  2. It's been a long time since I've seen a green smoothie on anyone's blog so yr not alone. However, I do still eat a lot of salads and cold meals - just that I need more than a smoothie to fill me up. The pear sounds delicious though.
    Nice fried rice! I feel like it's been a long time since I made any rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since purchasing a rice cooker a year and a half ago, I am much more willing to make rice. A half cup of jasmine brown rice will puff up in 20 minutes!

      It is my ambition to squeeze in a few salads, maybe with a side of soup. ;)

      Delete
  3. As the weather outside gets colder, my meals get hotter. I do still like salads, but I find myself craving more and more stews and chillis and great big hot desserts. Maybe I'm just kidding myself - maybe I just want to eat more desserts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Desserts are great! I haven't had a hot dessert (unless you count a cookie, warm from the oven!), and must get on that this holiday season.

      I tend to eat the opposite of the weather, so I guess I'm making up for all of those cold summer meals. ;)

      Delete
  4. What a great breakfast. That's something I would have never thought of doing. It sounds perfect!

    Rowan will often come and start licking my face when I'm doing floor exercises. Then Sophie will sometimes stretch with me during my cooldowns. I love the company! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha! Yes, Remy thinks its a good time to lick my face or play. If I'm stretching, Remy lays down! Ha!

      Delete
  5. The breakfast is like something from a B&B.

    I can't exercise at home for fear of kicking a furry face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you! It was pretty spectacular, I must agree. ;)

      One furry is definitely easier to keep track of whilst exercising!

      Delete