Friday, December 21, 2012

Happy Winter Solstice!

Today's post is brought to you by my work laptop, as my three year old Toshiba laptop has decided that it no longer wants to accept being charged.  As in, the electrical port is damaged and must be disassembled to see if it is a quick fix or so corrupt that it reaches the motherboard - which means "buy a new computer".  Obviously, I am hoping for the former.

Last technology story before I get to the food: I inserted the USB cord from my camera into this (work) laptop - not realizing that there were 658 photos on the memory stick.  That is not an exaggeration.  658 photos that I will have to delete once I get my laptop fixed, and go back to work.  Awesome.

Breakfast:  Everything bagel (toasted) with Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese.
Shopping. Too many people. Traffic.  Whole Foods.
And a box of hot/salad bar:
Broccoli Salad, Asian Sesame Slaw, Falafel, Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
Dinner was the second to last serving of Broccoli- Cauliflower -Potato Cream Soup.
It does not photo well, but trust me - it tastes delicious.  

See you tomorrow!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Solstice! I celebrated by baking and reading A Nocturne Upon St. Lucy's Day...! It's beautiful but it sounds like yr solstice was a little less calm. Here's hoping you don't have to get a whole new computer.
    Breakfast looks especially great - like new snow fallen ;) Have a good night, Ingrid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Computers are so much fun! *insert eye roll here* I spent the whole day yesterday with my brother and father disassembling the laptop, and the port is totally shot. A new computer will have to wait until I get my tax return. Ugh!

      Thank you, it was a pretty tasty day otherwise!

      Delete
  2. Happy solstice and apocalypse ha! Looks like we survived although we started off our day with some pretty apocalyptic weather here ;)

    I'm so sorry about your computer problems! That is so frustrating and I'm hoping they will find a solution rather than having to replace the computer. On the bright side your meals look really delicious. You know this NYer is a sucker for a good bagel ;) Still jealous of the chai and your WFs lunch looks DELICIOUS! What a great mix! The soup still sounds delicious too. That sounds like a perfect winter meal... warming and comforting.

    I hope you have a great day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did survive, hooray! The solution is: buy a new computer, and not a Toshiba. Ha!

      I definitely am experiencing a bagel phase, as they are most appealing out of the bread category right now! One day I will have a NY bagel, as I don't recall having one when I was there years ago.

      Thank you, and I hope you've had a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. You're the third person we know in the last week who had a three year old computer that quit on them in one way or another. That really stinks!

    There have been so many times that I've taken pictures of food only to not share them because they just didn't look appetizing. However, those are often the yummiest meals. :)

    Happy Solstice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder why this little group of us have had the worst luck! I'll be waiting until I receive my tax return, and will just have to use my work laptop in the meantime.

      I know! Sometimes non-photogenic items taste the best anyway!

      Thank you, same to you!

      Delete
  4. Your Bagel & Cream Cheese pic is a work of art.

    One day I will drink that Bhakti Chai. Oh yes.

    Kinda sparse looking take out box from WF's I still see the bottom of the box?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No cucumber on there, but otherwise really lovely! I hope you're able to have the chai, and a few other Colorado items. Ha ha! Next time I'll be sure to get a full pound. ;)

      Delete