Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Groceries & Repeats

Let's start with the groceries.  I went to a local chain for the majority, but also went to Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage, a small grocer that carries vegan friendly items (and actually, lots of gluten free as well).
From the above pictured store, I picked up:
Raw cashews, dried pineapple rings, nooch, Galaxy Vegan Cream Cheese, a burrito (lunch - more on that soon), and an Endangered Species Dark Chocolate with Mint bar.

From the chain:
Garlic hummus, brussel sprouts, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, Honeycrisp apples, pears, red bell pepper.

Meals from today are similar to Sunday's post.  Nonetheless, here they are:
 
Cinnamon Pumpkin Muffins
Kombucha Green Tea
A confusing burrito label, but I looked over the ingredients to be sure.
Remarkably fresh and tasty for a pre-made burrito.  Much better than I expected.
Dinner: brussel sprouts, mushrooms, and a few pieces of tofu tossed in chopped garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and black pepper.  Oven roasted.
I also made another small batch of kale chips, so I've snacked on those as well. 

I hope your week is going well! See you soon. . .

8 comments:

  1. that looks like a good haul right there! Glad to see there's some chocolate in there too - a woman after my own heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joey! Thanks, and when the chocolate is on sale - there's no reason not to buy it! ;)

      Delete
  2. An authentic Boulder Burrito! Looks like the business (as Rose would say). Excellent haul. I was thinking of the old Cream Cheese and Cucumber on a Bagel today. I need to get a Cucumber though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shen! I've seen these burrito lurking in the prepared food case for years, and don't know why I waited so long to try one.

      Oddly enough, I was also thinking of the very same combo yesterday! Ha!

      Delete
  3. That burrito has me longing to visit Boulder again. *sigh* It looks terrific!

    Are the honeycrisp there huge, too? The ones we've been getting for the last few months have been a meal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Molly! The apples have been huge, but these are normal size - perhaps a sign of the end of the season.

      Unless we get some moisture, your next trip to Boulder could look like last summer. We are one giant tinderbox!

      Delete
  4. Great haul Ingrid! That store sounds great, I love specialty stores :) I LOVE that chocolate, mint and chocolate is such a great combo.

    The burrito really does look so fresh and delicious! Beautiful muffins too! You've been having really great food days! I need to get my ass back on track, my lack of appetite has really thrown me off course :( Your dinner looks amazing though so I'm definitely going to be grabbing some inspiration from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! I've had a few nibbles of the chocolate - it is so rich!

      It was a good day, and I'm hoping your appetite was peaked by some of the tastiness from this day.

      Delete