Friday, November 9, 2012

I'd Rather. . .

Wednesday night into Thursday morning, my first (and hopefully only) head cold of the school year took hold.  I haven't been able to taste anything the last two days, so taking pictures of my meals seemed pointless.  Thus, I thought I'd share restaurants I'd like to try, and recipes I should make. First up:
The Rebellion, serving pizza, burgers, wings, salads - all available vegan.  I've mentioned this place before, so I really need to go!  Another pizza joint I need to try is Pizza Fusion.

I want to try a sandwich at Parsley, and get a smoothie or juice to go.  Yum.

A cousin of WaterCourse Foods, is City O'City.  Primarily known for their bakery, they have since branched out to carry a full menu.

Recipes to try: 
Miss Rachel's Super Nutty Granola

I'd rather be jogging, eating delicious food, and sleeping without coughing. Soon, my friends, very soon! I am willing myself better!  Do me a favor, and eat something really tasty for me. :)

10 comments:

  1. Oh no I'm so sorry you are sick! I hope that you feel better soon, being sick is definitely the worst.

    It looks like you have so many amazing options in your area! That Vegan Parking sign is so cute!! I love it, I kind of want one for my kitchen haha.I think I may be partial to Parsley... a hummus sandwich and fresh juice sounds like a perfect meal to me! Then again, City O'City has vegan breakfast options which always wins with me too. I hope you get to go to all of these places and tell us all about them!

    Oooh all of those recipes look like winners. I need to narrow down recipes that I want to make so I can get back on track after this whole power debacle. Grocery shopping over the weekend is a must!

    Feel better my dear! I'm sure you'll be back to jogging, eating good food and restful sleep soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely interested in making it to these restaurants! I agree- the hummus sandwich and a juice (something with apple and ginger!)is exactly what I was thinking. I want to try something from City O'City's bakery, as they are so well known for it! You will definitely hear about them, when they happen!

      I am so excited to see what you make first! :)

      Thank you, I am on my way!

      Delete
  2. Vegan parking only - got to love that! Hopefully your plans to eat well again out and at home will speed your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta love the sign! I am trying to will myself well. I have a three day weekend, and intend to enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. That stinks that you're sick! Feel better soon!

    I love that parking sign. So cool! Parsley reminds me of The Green Owl restaurant in Madison. It has a similar look to it. I hope you get to eat at all the restaurants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Molly! By the way, I just saw that your blog page automatically sent me to your Tumblr page - so happy to be able to keep up with you over there!!

      I think Parsley will be my first stop once I can fully taste again. :)

      Delete
  4. We can put a man on the moon! Why can't mankind find a cure for the common cold????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was the combo of many things weakening my system in the first place - need to stay up on that so it doesn't happen again!

      Delete
  5. I love the parking sign - that tickled me no end! Hope you're feeling better before too long. In the meantime, I'm going to take that advice and go eat something tasty. Tea and biscuits? Don't mind if I do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joey! I hope the tea and biscuits were really good. :)

      Delete