Thursday, November 15, 2012

Half Off

I ran out of the house before capturing a picture of breakfast.  And then I stopped by Starbucks for a Soy Latte, and didn't take a picture of that either. I had more luck the rest of the day.

Lunch: enchilada casserole.
It was based on a Happy Herbivore recipe using what I had on hand. Bottom to top: enchilada sauce, corn tortilla, black beans, green chiles, mushrooms, potatoes, (repeat all for second layer), top with corn tortillas, and the rest of the sauce.  I recommend topping it with a little shredded Daiya mozzarella before heating.

Dinner: avocado, Daiya shreds, Cholula, and shredded lettuce in hard shell tacos.
Whew! What a week.  One more day, and then the good stuff happens.  I'll explain more soon. ;)

9 comments:

  1. Oooh good stuff what a tease!!! I'm so curious now haha! I'm glad you have good things happening for you and I can't wait to hear about it!

    Mmm Starbucks is always a great way to start the day. That enchilada casserole looks so amazing! Daiya before heating is ALWAYS a good idea ;) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone is entitled to "some good stuff" every now and then. ;)

      Daiya makes all the difference, as it is a rather dry mixture otherwise. Enchilada casserole is good when you need something to eat on a daily basis!

      Delete
  2. What's choula? I'm intrigued.

    I like your Mexican themed day. I love the way enchilada casserole lets you turn all the stuff in the back of your fridge that's past its best into something amazing.

    I'll be waiting with bated breath to find out about the good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cholula is a hot sauce, similar to Tabasco or Tapatio but way better in terms of taste.

      Yes, it did seem to be a Mexican-themed day! Kind of by accident. But my themed days tend to Italian or Mexican, as I can't cook any other kind of ethnic food very well!

      Delete
  3. Do the other teachers examine your vegan lunches in the lounge?

    What 'good stuff' can it be????!!!!

    Hope you're breathing freely now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all have minor curiosity, but they tend to inspect everyone's meals. The week after Thanksgiving we will have a potluck breakfast, so I promised delicious vegan muffins. Guess I better figure something out soon.

      Breathing well, and on my second glass of wine! ;)

      Delete
  4. Was breakfast mexican-themed too?
    Enchilada casserole sounds great! I actually don't think I've ever had an enchilada before but that should really change.
    Good stuff sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! No Mexican breakfast, just a Go Raw bar.

      Oh my! We need to fix that. Enchiladas rolled or flat (casserole-style) are great when you need a meal that can last all week.

      Delete
  5. Enchilada casserole sounds like something we'd love! Mike makes a really great tortilla lasagna. I love stuff like that. Happy Herbivore has so many great recipes.

    ReplyDelete