Saturday, November 10, 2012

Day One of Three

For the first time since Labor Day, I have a three day weekend.  Thank you, Veterans!

After dropping my beloved at the groomer's, I knew two things:  I wanted a hot breakfast, and I didn't want to make it.
 Potatoes O'Brien (Shen, the O'Briens are doing well), tofu scramble and a few pieces of steamed broccoli.
Not too long after, I got the pick-up call:
 All trimmed and outfitted in an autumn leaf bandanna.  I wanted to get a better shot, but he wanted to get out of the bandanna.

As I'm still functioning at about 70% due to the head cold, I wasn't really hungry until several hours after breakfast.  I had a handful of water crackers and my favorite topping: 

I met a friend for Pho at Pho-natic.  I had my usual small #5 (tofu) with veggie broth.  It is such a small place, so I didn't feel like I could get a picture on the sly.  Here's a repeat picture from a previous take-out dinner:
  

I hope you had a wonderful Saturday, and I'll see you tomorrow!

12 comments:

  1. Remy looks quite dashing! He's such a cutie.

    Mike had tofu scramble for breakfast this morning, too. :) I used to feel weird taking pictures in restaurants but it doesn't bother me anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remy thanks you for the compliment. ;)

      It had been a long time since I had a tofu scramble; I haven't made one at home in ages, as I took a soy break and haven't purchased any.

      I think if I had shared my blog with my friend, I would have felt more comfortable. One day I will.

      Delete
  2. OMG that sweet face melts me every time!! What a great pic, he looks so handsome! I seriously need to adopt a pup, they make me infinitely happier.

    Breakfast looks DELICIOUS!! It looks like a perfect breakfast to warm you up. The pho looks seriously amazing. I still need to try it. I'm glad you are feeling a bit better and I hope that you continue to feel better so you can enjoy your three day weekend!

    I know how you feel about not having an appetite. Mine has been nonexistent lately but hopefully we'll get it back!! Looks like you are doing pretty well despite not feeling 100%!

    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! I wanted to snap a pic from a different angle, but he was too impatient. I can't imagine my life without him, dog adoption is life changing!

      Both warm meals were great, as it was a gray rain/snow mix type of day. I have been having a lot of tea lately, too! I feel about 85% today, so that's probably the same as my appetite. ;)

      Delete
  3. Where did you get your hot breakfast, at Whole Foods? Your pup looks so cute, "lemme outta this!" That sriracha should clear out your sinuses. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did! He definitely has the impatient look about him. I'm all about hot sauce when sick! Thanks, Blessed Mama. :)

      Delete
  4. Nothing like a hot breakfast made by someone else to make you feel better. I particularly like the look of those potatoes o' Brien. Not as much as I like the dog pic thought - didn't anyone tell him autumn leaf bandanas are *the* thing for pups this season?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! The potatoes are always good, and I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult for me to replicate.

      Ha! He missed the memo. ;)

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear the O'Briens are doing well. I've been out of touch with them for a long time.

    Remy does look a tad irritated. Does he feel super silky?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time to give them a visit in VA.

      Ha, ha! He does look irritated, and he does feel very silky! This groomer does a great job.

      Delete
  6. Those potatoes look heavenly! Do you have a recipe? The Pho looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The potatoes are from the hot breakfast bar at Whole Foods. I bet they would be easy enough to recreate. I love Pho!

      Delete