Sunday, November 4, 2012

Bonus Hour Sunday

For the first time in weeks, I awoke not feeling tired! I credit the extra hour of sleep.  I started my day with a single serving large pancake with maple syrup.  Accompanied by Earl Grey.
 Yesterday, I didn't have it together when I popped into Whole Foods for dinner.  Today, I had a plan - however I was not immune to impulse purchases:

Hey, at least it was snack size and not a big box, right?! Ha!
Thus, a few hours later my lunch was also snack size:
A couple hours after that, there was garlic hummus and six crackers.

Two part dinner: kale, pears, and Annie's Pomegranate Dressing
 followed by Cauliflower Au Gratin
I followed the recipe pretty closely, just less oil - subbing in low sodium vegetable broth - and misting the baking dish.  It did take the full 55 minutes, but it is really good.

I hope your weekend has been restful and restorative.  Only five more mornings until we get to do it again.  :)

10 comments:

  1. Hooray for lie-ins, and snack size stuff - always makes me think I've bought less. And I can get away with eating three snack sized things rather than one normal sized thing because they're all small....

    I really like the look of the cauli too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cauliflower au gratin is really good, I'd recommend it!

      Snack size is great :)

      Delete
  2. Yummy looking food day. I love the presentation of the salad and I think I would like to try that cauliflower recipe (I love cauliflower). I hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel! I enjoy the cauliflower au gratin, and I bet you would as well. I am hoping the week goes well, and goes quickly! Ha! May the same be true for you. :)

      Delete
  3. I woke up on Sunday not tired as well and it was the first time in a LONG time as well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great news! Sleep is so important, and we all probably could use more of it.

      Delete
  4. Your impulse purchases have been very interesting lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Interesting because they are seeming unusual, and you want to see more? ;)

      Delete
  5. I want to eat everything in this post. That chai, mmm. I bet a nice hot chai would be so perfect right now. The salad is lovely, I think I'll be eating a salad for dinner tonight thankfully. Can't do this processed crap anymore. I have a feeling I won't have power back until after the nor'easter that's supposed to hit Wednesday so I'm going to savor all of the fresh things I can eat. This post will be an inspiration when I can finally cook again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A hot chai would be great, too! I agree - I don't have processed food everyday, but more than I should.

      I heard about the next storm system. Ugh. I am still keeping my fingers crossed that the power returns before then. As in right now. :)

      Looking forward to seeing your post-hurricane meals!

      Delete