Tuesday, October 9, 2012

New Stuff

It's hard for me to keep up on the green smoothie breakfast pattern when it's cold in the morning.  I decided I'd try one of these for my "green" intake:
 It's teeny tiny, and 70 calories, so I had an small apple as well.  The bar (really, it's a strip) took a few nibbles to convince me it wasn't horrible.  I have another version to try out, so expect to see it on Thursday's post.
 Lunch: spaghetti squash, cashew cream, spinach, and tomatoes.
There was more kettlecorn. . .we have it in snack sized bag in our grade level office.  I dry roasted some cauliflower tonight, so I can nibble on that instead of sugary popcorn tomorrow!

Dinner started with an appetizer of Curried Golden Beet Soup
 And for the main course: Sarah's Potatoes Sensation. This one has potato, broccoli, Mori Nu tofu, and Daiya Mozzarella (as well as seasonings, of course).
All in all, a pretty great food day! Hope you're having a wonderful evening. . .

8 comments:

  1. I love that Go Raw brand. The broccoli potato dish is making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda! I'm looking forward to exploring the brand a little more! Broccoli and potatoes are always good together. :)

      Delete
  2. Yay, I'm so glad you tried the potatoes! Yours looks so great! I definitely need to use broccoli next time :)

    Spirulina makes me really nervous. I just got supplements because it is the easiest way for me to get it in. I just don't like the taste of it. Hopefully the other variety will taste better! The spaghetti squash looks delicious! I love spaghetti squash and the cashew cream adds some decadence without guilt! perfect! Great idea to roast cauliflower Perfect snack :) Great food day!

    Have a good day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A woman of my word, I am! :) I love everything that I've tried of yours!

      I think it was the spirulina that took a few bites to like. The spaghetti squash has been getting a couple of "oohs and aahs" at work. Ironically, I didn't remember that I brought the cauliflower to work, and was so busy that I didn't snack! Ha! Tomorrow, I suppose. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, yeah, I like those bars! Although, they are kinda pricey for being so flimsy.
    I'm loving pretty much everything that you're doing with that cashew cream. And the soup. Never stop eating that soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! Which is why I purchased them on sale - I won't buy them at full price (normally $1.59, sale $1).

      Just for you, I'm saving the last serving of soup for tomorrow's post. ;)

      Delete
  4. I'd like to try some of the raw bars out there, so I'm glad to see when someone posts about them. I'll keep an eye out for this one.

    Your meals look fantastic, especially the spaghetti squash one. So simple & delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try a few more from stores here, maybe you can try some in WI, and we can compare!

      Love squash! I need to try some different varieties.

      Delete