Saturday, October 27, 2012

From the Kitchen

 Pumpkin Banana Muffins, but made with Pancake & Waffle Mix - as I was out of flour.
I went to a baby shower (just like last weekend!) and ate plenty of crackers, hummus, carrots, chips, salsa - you get the idea.
The "Diaper Cake" was courtesy of the expectant mother's sister.  I gifted a set of onesies - in pink (obviously, for a girl).

Once home, I set to work on another batch of Cheesy Kale Chips.  I make sure to sample a couple from each tray when I rotate them. ;)
 I made way too much cashew cheese, and again added it to pasta for dinner.
I haven't been as good about cooking for the work week, and will make that a priority for tomorrow.  Also, I have a houseguest for the weekend - a friend's Border Collie Shepherd mix.  I will try to get a photo of her before I drop her off.  Remy is jealous, silently watching her every move (they've known each other for two years - but he's not had to share his house or owner), and pouting when I pet her.  Poor baby! Ha!

Good night!

10 comments:

  1. Wow, that is an impressive diaper cake. It's so funny, I feel like everyone I know is having babies now. I feel like everyone has grown up except for me, like I'm not a real adult yet. It's very weird and silly haha.

    Those muffins look and sound delicious. I seriously love pumpkin everything. The kale chips look great again and I love that you use your extra cheezy sauce on pasta. Such good thinking ;) Your baby shower snacks sound delicious as well! Can't go wrong with hummus and chips and salsa ;)

    Aww poor Remy! I'm sure there is more than enough love to go around. Silly pup :)

    Have a great night and a good day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya! All of the attendants were married, with babies (which they brought along), with the exception of one other gal. I tried really hard to talk about sleep schedules and formula. *facepalm*

      The original muffin recipe was better, but the mix did alright! I do believe I'll be hanging onto the dehydrator for a while. . . :)

      I know it's his breed - they are used to being the kings of their castle!

      Thinking of you, and all of this weather!

      Delete
  2. Cashew cheese on pasta sounds do delicious right now! What an adorable diaper cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's such a thing as too much cashew cheese?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too true - I should change my statement to include "other uses" instead of "too much"! Ha!

      Delete
  4. I had never thought to make muffins with pancake mix. So clever.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa! I'd recommend the original recipe with flour over the pancake mix, but it does pretty well as a pinch hitter. :)

      Delete
  5. So that 'cake' is made of disposable diapers? That is different. I've not been to many baby showers.

    The pasta looks fantastic. Hope you get a pic of your houseguest. Make sure to spoil Remy even more than usual during the visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps it's a Colorado or western thing - I've seen quite a few, and it always earns an "ooh" and "aah". Who knew diaper cakes were so amazing?

      I did get a picture of her, so I'll being posting it soon! I am loving on Remy, and by default he gets the food that drops in the kitchen as the house guest has allergies, and I don't know what they are. Aaah!

      Delete