Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Answers Revealed & Vegan Van Revisited

Answers to Monday's Pop Quiz:
1.
2. The vegetable combination with sauce was broccoli, green beans, onions, and mushrooms in this sauce:
3. Snack: apple with peanut butter.

4.  Avocado Pasta from Angela at Oh She Glows.

5.  Challenge: previously unseen tea. . .
I hope this was at least a little fun, if not different from my typical posts! I'll wait awhile before doing it again.  And maybe not so hard next time? :)  

This evening after work, I busted my way through rush hour traffic to make it to the Vegan Van before she closed.  I made it with less than 15 minutes to spare.
 Sometimes I don't know if I'm cool enough to buy from the van, because Amie is super cool.  And a little aloof.
 The van was parked in front of a new vegan market called "Nooch".  I'll visit it sometime and dedicate an entire post to it.
 The menu hasn't changed all that much from the spring, but today has been really windy - a strong, freezing cold wind - and so I was convinced to stray from my favorite (Planet Rock) and try the special.
I also ordered the Rock Steady salad because I LOVE it.  Big time.  
 The special was a bowl of thick chili and three polenta fries (which were delicious).

 The chili was full of vegetables, beans, and tempeh - but light on flavor.  I like my chili to be spicy, and this was like a mellow, thick tomato soup.  I ate about half, and more than half of the salad.
The greens mix is so tender, and the almond parmesan is fantastic - and she's light on the dressing; it's not soggy.

I'll go back to my regular meal next time, and I'll be sure to be cool.  Maybe dress like a hipster instead of a school teacher. Ha! Kidding.  I don't have anything fashionable in my closet. :)

14 comments:

  1. Giiiiiirl you made me laugh in this post! That quiz was so fun even if a little stressful ;) Now we know how your students feel when you pop quiz them! That was a great post!

    You are definitely cool enough for the Vegan Van. Haha I vote for not dressing like a hipster ;) Your choices look delicious, that salad makes me jealous every time! Polenta fries?!?!?!?! I want!!! THey look so delicious!

    Can't wait to see your post about Nooch when you get to check it out! They have a vegan market in Orlando but I never got a chance to check it out, wah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to cause a chuckle anytime! :) What's funny is that I wouldn't even know what outfit to put together in order to look cool. I'll just give in to my non-cool-ness. Ha!

      The polenta fries and the salad were definitely the best part!

      While I'm not cool enough, I will still visit the vegan market and share everything! :)

      Delete
  2. Please don't get too cool or you may not want to hang out with me in the bloggy world. But really, I've been looking at my haggard self lately and thinking something along the lines of "must start looking cooler." Also "must stop wearing maternity jeans just because they're so comfortable."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Don't worry about my level of coolness increasing any time soon. I'm forever a dork! I have some clothes I should probably retire as well. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm with Jenny and Sarah - cool is okay but I think we are all a little under that cool level and don'twant to be left behind.
    The polenta fries look GREAT. I know the temptation to want to switch things up, even if it's not what you really want (and who knows what we REALLY want??) but it looks tasty.
    Very curious about Nooch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Thanks :)

      The polenta fries were really good. Too bad there were only three.

      I'll definitely share a post about Nooch!

      Delete
  4. Vegans are cool by definition. I'm pretty sure that's science fact.

    Nooch is such a great name for vegan market - props to whoever thought that up. The Vegan Van looks tremendous - I love looking at menus like that, even when it's somewhere I'm never going to be able to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! I knew there was an ounce of "cool" in me somewhere. :)

      I'll send the Vegan Van to England, but first it has to stop in VA to visit Shen.

      Delete
  5. I love that the store is called Nooch! Very cute! Can't wait to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking to checking it out myself!

      Delete
  6. Awesome post. Can't blame Amie one bit. If I ran a vegan van, I would be aloof as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true. I'd be too cool for everyday vegans, too. Or maybe not. ;)

      Delete
  7. Guess I didn't do too well on the pop quiz. Oh well.

    All the food looks really good, but polenta fries - wow - what a great idea.

    A vegan market named Nooch can only mean good things, right? I'm sure you'll report back to us with your findings. Van girl better watch it. The seemingly mild mannered teacher is actually a respected food blogger. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You actually scored the highest out of everyone!

      The polenta fries were the best part, other than the salad, of course.

      I will definitely schedule a time to check out and document Nooch! Ha, ha! Thank you, Rachel - that's right, she better be nice. ;)

      Delete