Friday, August 10, 2012

Two-Thirds

Happy Friday, everyone! The last three days were filled with more meetings, and today could have been a work day, moving in and arranging office / classroom, etc.  However, we were advised of the "dangerous conditions" in the building due to another high temperature day outside, and. . . wait for it, . . . they needed to test the furnace. That's right - turn on the heat.  I think you all know me enough to realize that I didn't go in.

Let's talk about my day so far:

I was just mentioning to Sarah, how I always try things again - hoping they've improved or changed at the Whole Foods hot bar - only to realize I could make a better version at home!  It was alright, not horrible.

Followed by a mile and a quarter walk.  Due to all of the sitting in meetings over the last two weeks (and not stretching my hips and quads), I've noticed that my back and hip are out of alignment.  Thus, I went in to see my chiropractor.  She had me get on the table, and immediately said - "how have you been able to walk?!".  I guess I was overdue for an adjustment!  Luckily, I was "told" to get a massage to work out knots in my hips, and I'll probably have to go back in next week to be fully snapped back into place.  It all makes sense that I've been hesitant to jog recently, since I've been feeling off - and I literally was offset!

Lunch:
Banana Split Smoothie (minus pineapple): frozen strawberry, frozen banana, spinach, chocolate rice protein powder, and vanilla almond milk.

Early this evening I'll be going to a big gathering with my former colleagues, and will snack on veggies and fruit.  I'm planning on avoiding the chips/crackers and salsa/guacamole/hummus sections, as I've been too indulgent in those items recently.  And in an effort to avoid those temptations, I'll only have one drink.  Or two. ;)

I'll be back tomorrow with more content, promise!  Have a great rest of the day! 

12 comments:

  1. Turning on the heat?! That's just madness. I don't blame you at all for not going in! Sounds like you made the most of the freedom too! Bummer about the breakfast burrito, I definitely know how that goes. Your burritos look so good, I can't imagine how theirs could compare! That banana split smoothie looks yummy! Must have been refreshing!

    Yikes, you must have been so uncomfortable with your alignment all messed up! And you still powered through tons of workouts. So impressive! Hopefully you'll feel better after next week!

    Have fun tonight! You could eat worse things than guac and hummus, trust me ;) I bet the fresh fruit and veggies will be nice and refreshing on a hot day though! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Pretty ridiculous. I'm thinking of picking up some roasted New Mexico chilies from the Farmer's Market soon, and making breakfast burritos for work lunches.

      Our bodies are certainly amazing- I shouldn't have waited so long! I'm hoping to get a massage in today, fingers crossed. Thank you, I hope so!

      I did pretty well, and had two cups of Sangria - which led to some strange dreams last night! ;)

      Delete
  2. I agree with Sarah, turning the heat on now is madness! I'm sure they could have held off on that for another month or so.

    I went to a chiro for several years, but then he died when his plane crashed. :( I haven't been able to find another one who compares to him at all. You must have felt so much better after your adjustment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! If this ever happens to anyone else, and they say "who does that?", I can respond with "my district".

      Oh my goodness, how sad! I know what you mean, the right one who has a good philosophy and practice is quite a search. I'm sore, but on my way! Thank you :)

      Delete
  3. A short post chock full of information and pics. The way the weather has been going, the school might not even need the furnace this winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only it were up to the school! Our district turns on and off the furnace remotely; we have absolutely no control over our temperatures. *Punches district's proverbial face*

      Delete
  4. turning on the heat?! oh my gosh!! oh a lighter (and cooler) note, your eats look so delicious! That smoothie -- yummmm! and yay vegan breakfast burritos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be having cold meals at the school, most definitely! And a few liters of water. The smoothie was quite tasty!

      Delete
  5. Breakfast burritos are one of those things that I always think sound amazing, but I've never got around to making. What do you put in yours? I thought 'I'll check out the ingredients on the Whole Foods' pack, but I"m none the wiser - too many unnecessary chemicals and bits and pieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My breakfast burritos consist of a tofu scramble, chile, and sometimes potatoes - that's something often found in breakfast burritos around here. I haven't made a proper one in a while!

      Delete
  6. I have never been to a chiropractor. Oh, wait, yeah I did once for TMJ , but it was only a consultation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch! Luckily I've not had any jaw problems!

      Delete