Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunday Prep

I didn't do as much cooking as originally hoped last week, so I made sure to set aside a few hours this afternoon to make it happen.  First up, inspired by Caralyn's Peach Salsa.
Peach, yellow bell pepper, red onion, tomato, and jalapeno. I'll use this salsa on avocado tacos.

Influenced by Shen - as she has made zucchini pancakes in the past, I found this recipe for zucchini fritters.  using half the oil recommended.
Also, from my "inspired by you" post last Sunday - Sarah's Unfried Rice.
This one has green beans, carrots, cabbage, red onion, brown rice, garlic powder, Organic Shoyu, sea salt and pepper.

Now that you've seen the fruit of my labor, here's what I actually ate / did today:
Grape Nuts, Vanilla Almond milk.

1.67 mile walk with Remy.
Field Roast Frank, whole wheat bread, ketchup, mustard.
Watermelon before embarking on my cooking mission.

Zucchini fritters with Tomato Basil Marinara.

Seating charts, syllabus edits, Power Point, emails - oh my! I hope to read a few blogs in between. . .

14 comments:

  1. Wow, what a productive day! Look at all of the great meals you made :) I'm a little jealous, this weekend got away from me because I was so busy so I didn't get a chance to use my dehydrator like I had planned. Oh well, there's always tomorrow!

    I love the angle on the Field Roast Frank. Great way to change up the photo! I've been eating watermelon like crazy lately!Gotta get it in while we still can! I love the use of marinara on the zucchini fritters, that sounds delicious! Those look amazing!

    Yikes, good luck with the prep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was - and I'm glad I took some time to do it, as this week is proving just as busy! The same thing happened to me last week, which is why I blew my budget and ate WF for most meals. I can't wait to see what you make in the dehydrator!

      Ha ha, thanks - I have to mix it up from time to time on the photo shoots. :) Watermelon is amazing, and as you said - we have to move fast before it's gone. The zucchini fritters are gluten free, and I bet you would like them!

      Delete
  2. Definitely a productive day. The salsa is very inspiring. The fritters, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The salsa is a great way to confuse your taste buds - sweet, spicy and savory all in one! The fritters are really good!

      Delete
  3. Oh that salsa looks awesome! I've got to make something like that soon. The fritters look great too.
    It sounds like you are a lot busier than I am and are still so much more productive. It's really nice to just set some time aside and prep for a couple days - it makes meals and other errands that much easier.
    Remember to breathe between e-mails :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am slightly busier than I'd like to be, hopefully we'll be in a functioning routine at school - and thereby at home, too! Trying to breathe, thank you! ;)

      Delete
  4. I hope you enjoyed the Zucchini Fritters. I haven't made any Zucchini pancakes this year at all. So lazy.

    FWIW, you got Mr. SV addicted to Grape Nuts (actually Kashi 7, same thing).

    Really pretty Salsa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely zucchini time, so get on it! ;) Happy to create positive addictions where I can. The salsa tastes as good as it looks!

      Delete
  5. Wow what delicious creations. A very productive day indeed. I definitely would love some zucchini fritters, and it looks like a good recipe. Like Vava, I like the Field Roast picture. And of course, I like Field Roast. ;-)

    I hope school is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel! Field Roast FTW!

      Each day I'm reminded how lucky I am to working there. It's a lot of work right now, but I know it's worth it. Thank you for your well wishes!

      Delete
  6. There's some magical alchemy in fritters, I'm sure of it - whatever you put in them, they always taste great and look grand - as your pics show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha! True! They are always tasty. Thank you :)

      Delete