Sunday, August 5, 2012

Produce & Cuteness

Due to yesterday's ATM debacle, I ended up visiting another Farmer's Market today.  Luckily, it happened to be my favorite one, and the produce was looking great!
 Colorado Peaches (6)  $5
Colorado Corn (6) $3 - purchased from a different farm, so feeling hopeful it'll be good.
 Half bag of produce (from Miller's Farm - same place as posted in Farmer's Market #2), $6.

Total:  $14
Minus one green bean that fell on the floor. Remy helped out with clean up.
I know, I know! He's ADORABLE!!

It's pointless now to focus on my eats, after all his cuteness, but here it is:  Mom's Best Toasted Wheat-Fuls with vanilla almond milk.
Snack:
 Lunch: leftover Alu Mutter (potatoes and peas) from last night's trip to Little India (there was more, but I ate half of it while in the process of heating)...
 And Sweet and Spicy Cucumber Salad (with the cucumber purchased earlier in the day).
Dinner: Potato Kale Salad

Olympics Tonight:  I really have to hand it to the Beach Volleyball competitors.  Running around in small bikinis, while cameras zoom in for close shots. . .I could never do it!

12 comments:

  1. Your farmer's market haul looks great! Really good prices on everything, too.

    Remy is SO adorable!! <3 Emma & Rowan love green beans, too. We're getting some from my in-laws soon (they have a humongous garden), which will be well received.

    The cucumber salad is calling to me. I'm going to have to put that on the "to make" list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a couple of places with expensive produce, and I definitely avoid those! Thank you, I'm pretty fond of him myself - I think he had more fun destroying the bean than actually eating it. Fresh green beans are the best!

      I really enjoyed this salad, very refreshing! I hope you get a change to make it. :)

      Delete
  2. All your produce looks so good and fresh. I love our farmer's market. I go there weekly. That potato kale salad looks delish - have you posted a recipe for that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have! But it's super quick, just boiled red potato added to the "cream" and kale mix while still warm. The "cream" is equal parts Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese, Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream, Italian seasoning and sea salt (both to your taste). I let it set for a few minutes before digging in!

      Delete
  3. Ok yeah, that photo of Remy is pretty much the cutest thing I've ever seen! What a little cutiepants!

    You certainly picked up some beautiful produce! And it was really inexpensive too! I can't believe you got that whole bag of goodies for only $6. That's amazing!

    Yummy looking meals! The peach looks perfect and that cucumber salad looks amazing! It must be so refreshing. The potato kale salad looks yummy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's moments like those that I wish I didn't have an old, crappy camera (that deemed flash necessary during midday light), but Remy is camera shy - so I take what I can get, and at least he looks cute in this one!

      Can you imagine what a "full bag" of produce would look like?! I'm worried about getting through this stuff fast enough!

      Peaches are so spectacular right now, but I did pick up some watermelon at the store - just one last time! :)

      Delete
  4. What an awesome food day! Gorgeous produce and a very tasty little pup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remy says "thank you", and produce is pretty! :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful produce and freaking amazing price on that half bag - wow! Remy of course is too cute; Blue eats some raw vegetables too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Miller Farm stand runs a crazy good deal on produce! We did luck out with some pretty sweet animals!

      Delete
  6. you got some amazing produce, girl! and remy is SO ADORABLE! he reminds me of my pup! is he part yorkie or maltese?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caitlin! Remy is a mix Bichon / Havanese mix, about 12 lbs - so slightly bigger, but still in the cuddle and lap dog family! :)

      Delete