Friday, August 3, 2012

On the Go

Today was a scheduled "day off", but I thought it was Saturday all day long.  I suppose since the "switch has been flipped", I'm in full work mode.  Nonetheless, it was a busy day.  It started with a two mile walk with Remy, followed by:
 Two red plums, frozen banana, frozen pineapple, spinach, water.
One hour at Zumba, followed by a quick clean up and my favorite lunch:
I think you all know what it is by now.  I know, I have a problem.  :)

I took an hour long walk with a friend and her 11 month old.  She and I used to work together, and spent time in my classroom every single day, chatting about everything from academics to cocktails, and more!  It's going to be hard not have her in my work-life everyday.  

Quick trip home to pick up Remy (earlier, it was nearly 100 degrees outside.  I didn't take him on the second walk, mentioned above), and headed out to Broadway Market.  This is where I purchased my owl bag last month:
Here are a few of her other items, as seen tonight:


She has her website and Etsy page going, so check them out!  She needs to add more pictures, as not all of her bags, pillows, magnets, etc. are listed, so check back periodically!

I picked up dinner from Whole Foods:
Roasted vegetables, Blackened Tofu and Spicy Collards.

On tomorrow's horizon: Farmer's Market #3

8 comments:

  1. what a cute owl tote! i have a slight obsession with anything "owl" haha and what a delicious looking shake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Caralyn! I love it, and use it as my bag all the time. Tart plums make all the difference.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a nice, although hot, day off. I like owl and cat stuff too, and I've added her shop to my favorites on Etsy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So exciting! I hope she has something you like! I am definitely on the owl bandwagon. I worry that Remy might be jealous if I get a cat bag. . . :)

      Delete
  3. Oops how did I miss this post!! Sorry! The smoothie sounds really delicious and refreshing! You know I totally dig your favorite lunch :) Those bags and pillows are so adorable!! I like the owl bag you got and I'm totally loving the other owl bag with the dots! SO cute! I'm going to check out the Etsy page after I finish commenting :) Like all of you lovely ladies, I love owls! I still want to incorporate one into a tattoo one day! Your Whole Foods dinner looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Owls are where it's at, that's for sure! ;) I really liked the navy bag with the owl, too. She had just finished it the night before - what talent! I bet an owl tattoo would be really cute, and a representative of wisdom!

      Delete
  4. I'm a sucker for anything with owls.

    ReplyDelete