Wednesday, August 15, 2012

From the Top

Monday and Tuesday concluded my training sessions that began on July 26th.  As our 86 year old building was being updated electrically and the furnace tested, we (along with several other schools with heat problems) met in a high school with air conditioning (thanks in part to a bond issue vote and parental support).  They also happen to have a great view of the Denver skyline:
Today was back to reality, moving furniture and unpacking boxes into grade level offices and classrooms.  Good times.  I packed breakfast and snack to go:
 I was out of greens yesterday, so I used half of this packet then - as well as this morning.
 Green Superfood powder, frozen banana, frozen strawberry, unsweetened almond milk.

Mid-morning:
Storytime: Back in July, I worked with my principal on writing a grant.  We made it to the second level.  A group of us changed into classy clothes and went in to "interview" with the grant board members. Cross your fingers.  None of us packed a lunch, and agreed upon Chipotle.
I am now fully rehearsed:  when they say, "cheese and sour cream" - I respond with "no, thank you.  Guacamole and lots and lots of lettuce."  Awesome.  

I was so filled with lettuce, that I had to save it - and ate the other third for dinner.  :)  Along with artichoke spinach hummus, and veggies.
This evening I plan to take a shower, quickly followed by lots and lots of sleeping.  Another day of "moving in" tomorrow.  See you tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. wow what a gorgeous view of denver! i hope the "move" is going well and quickly at that! chipotle is so good .. and i like your response -- I'll have to try that next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the move is complete, now on to decorating and planning! And one million other things, of which I have little control - but we're all in the same boat, and have a good team. Lots of lettuce. . .

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a busy day, at least you were treated to a nice view! Congrats on getting to the second level of the grant process, that is amazing! Chipotle sounds like the perfect reward for your hard work! Your response is perfect and look at that mountain of lettuce! Nice! I've never tried a peanut butter and jelly larabar, I'm curious!

    Good luck with the moving tomorrow! Hope you are getting some rest :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We definitely lucked out with our meetings earlier in the week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I think we're moving forward as though we already have the money. . .! It was fine, but no Larabar compares to the great Ginger Snap. :)

      I did rest well last night, although I dreamed about being married to Jack Black. ???

      Delete
  3. In Denver they actually say "Cheese and Sour Cream"? It sounds so pleasant out there. Here they just shove your bowl down the line and look at you waiting for you to say what you want.

    Artichoke Spinach Hummus?!

    Thanks for educating those tweens. Takes all kinds to make the world go round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been told that we Coloradoans are pretty nice. It could also be that since Chipotle started here, we're closer to the original small-store model? I'll have to remember that if I'm ever in a Chipotle in VA. :)

      Yes - it is Safeway (a.k.a. Von's) brand. It was good, but I do love my roasted garlic better.

      We'll see how the 9th graders are - starting on Monday. Aaaaaaaah!

      Delete