Sunday, August 19, 2012

Farmer's Market Meal Plans

Today's post is credited to Farmer's Market #2 and You.

 I was inspired by Molly's post showing home grown produce, and realized how lucky it would be to have such great food at our fingertips! One day I hope to have such a garden.  In the meantime, I will support my local growers.  The zucchini shown above will convert into Sarah's Zucchini Boats and a Shen-inspired zucchini cake/pancake.
 Caralyn has used red bell pepper in a lot of gorgeous dishes from tacos to salsas to salads - now I just need to pick one to try (which will be hard to do!).  I'm also considering a vegetable fajita / stir fry - suggestions welcome!
 I know Miss Rachel is a fan of green beans, and I've been looking over how she's prepped them to get some good ideas.  I'll be chopping up the green beans, carrots, and red onion to use in Sarah's Unfried Rice, too!
Shen and I have a love affair with potatoes, so I'll be sure to roast a couple in honor of her.  Caralyn posted a homemade tomato sauce that I'm dying to try!
All of these (huge) peaches will be eaten raw, which would make Maud very happy.  :)

Today's total: $11

Thank you, everyone, for being so inspiring!

12 comments:

  1. Aw, what a great post! I love all of the shout outs and thank you so much for including me! I think it's important for bloggers to support each other & this kind of thing is so awesome. :)

    Great finds at the market, especially those yummy looking peaches. I've been enjoying those a lot lately. Love the potato & tomato face! So cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I appreciate the community that's been created here; I am so lucky to be included!

      The peaches are incredible! But you have such amazing access to fresh produce - so fortunate. :)

      Delete
  2. What a great Farmer's Market haul! And gosh, thank you so much for your sweet comments about my recipes! I really appreciate that! I hope you enjoy them!! And I love the smily face you made with the toms and potatoes:) Enjoy those amazing peaches!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So welcome! I don't have the "recipe" gene, so I am continually impressed by those, such as yourself, who do. I am looking forward to trying many of them!

      Delete
  3. All that produce for $11?! Great deal.

    We'll see how happy you feel after tomorrow;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great deal, the peaches are always the most expensive.

      I feel happily exhausted! I can't believe I remember how to type!

      Delete
  4. I love this post!!! All of that amazing produce for $11 AND you are supporting local growers. Can't get better than that!

    Love all of the shout outs and thank you so much for including me. I think you'll love the zucchini boats and the unfried rice. The rice is PERFECT to bring to work, especially if you don't want to use a microwave because it is delicious cold too :)

    The tomato and potato face is so cute and those peaches look like perfection! I think I see a peach on my menu for tomorrow too ;) Hope you have a great day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! You have many inspiring meals, and I know they'll be amazing because I've actually tasted your cooking in cookie form. I still remember it well! ;)

      I've already tried one of your recipes, will share tomorrow! The tomato and potato face wasn't intentional - I set the produce on the table to photo and it all fell into place. I'm a HUGE nerd, but you probably already knew that. Ha!

      Delete
  5. Great post and thanks for the shout-out. Produce is so gorgeous it always makes for great photos. I especially like the second one - so many colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had purchased blueberries, I would've tried a pie or muffin!! Believe me, it would be hard to have those on hand. Maybe I'll make a mini version with peaches. Hmmm. . .

      Delete
  6. Aaaa Farmer's Market! <3 You never leave empty handed. I think YOU are an inspration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you, Malin! I love Farmer's Markets.

      Delete