Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Adjustment in Progress

Nearly a month ago, I mentioned that I need two weeks to fully adjust to a new schedule.  Adjust I did, as I returned to three weeks of conferences / meetings / trainings.  This week, another new schedule - the schedule that will be my life as teacher for this year - and another round of "two weeks".  Once adjusted, I'll add morning workouts back into the mix.  For now, it'll be whatever I can do - when I can.

The biggest victory of the day was that I actually managed to photograph my food.



Grape Nuts with unsweetened almond milk; Salad rolls with peanut sauce; (unpictured handful of dried fruit and nut trailmix, a few carrots with garlic hummus); Sarah-inspired zucchini boats; fresh peach.

P.S.  This is the first night I've actually cooked this week (all previous meals via Whole Foods, with the exception of breakfast). I made lunch for tomorrow, so I'll be back with another post then.  Good night!

8 comments:

  1. Grape nuts - haven't had those in a while, but they have a great crunchy texture. Everything else is so colorful and pretty! How did you make the zucchini boats? (Or should I consult Vava's blog for that?) Happy adjusting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. School = Cold Cereal. Unless it's cold outside, then it's oatmeal. I try to break up the pattern every now and then, but cereal is so good in the morning!

      Scoop out the seeds, pizza sauce, Daiya mozzarella - 400 degrees for 20 minutes. I ate it with a fork and knife, very ladylike.

      Delete
  2. I never knew teachers did all that preparation. Assumed they just turned up on the first day of school with the kids and started yakking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I'm happy to help bust the stereotype. ;)

      Delete
  3. What delicious eats! I love the salad rolls and that zucchini boat looks fabulous!! And way to make lunch ahead of time! superstar:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pretty tasty day, if I do say so myself. Ha ha! I'm not a superstar yet, unless you insist that I really am. :)

      Delete
  4. I hear ya on the adjustments. It seems like you are doing a great job transitioning into your new position though! I hope that it will bring you a lot of happiness and joy in your career :) can't wait to see how you bring your workouts into your routine :)

    The meals look awesome! So glad you tried the zucchini boats, how did you like them? The garden veggie salad rolls look AMAZING!! Seriously I have major envy right now ;) Grape nuts too, I could totally go for a bowl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about the two week rule - if I'm not in routine by then, I'm just being lazy. Adjustments can be good, and less threatening than an overhaul. Then again, I should probably overhaul a few things in my life. . .I can't wait to get into a regular workout routine, too!

      I'm so glad you shared the zucchini boat idea! It's a fun way to have "pizza", and give my digestion system a break from bread. They should make a GF version of Grape Nuts.

      Delete