Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Dinner & Dessert

Today's Flex Day involved little to no work professionally, but I was quite busy otherwise: oil change, Zumba, one mile walk with Remy, afternoon iced tea (unsweetened black) catch up session with a friend, and dinner plans.  I'm just starting to watch the Olympics now - so behind!

A former co-worker turned good friend met me for dinner at Sputnik.  She had been there before, and I was eager to try it out.  I ordered the Tacos with Jackfruit (corn tortillas, pico de gallo, cabbage).  Yum.
 We split an order of Hush Puppies with jalapeno sauce (holy cow, it was hot! Still really good).
 She ordered the Summer Noodle Bowl, and said it was delicious. 

Since the portions were reasonable, I had room for dessert.  Menchie's Dairy Free Coconut Fro-Yo.
 A little melty after the car ride home, but you get the idea.

Another two days ahead of meetings and training. . .I hope you're having a great week!

10 comments:

  1. coconut fro yo!! that looks amazing!!! sounds like you had a great day! i love Zumba:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great flavor. Thanks - it was a pretty good day!

      Delete
  2. Sputnik looks like my kind of place (even though the name is a major bummer).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd enjoy Sputnik's menu tremendously!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a fun day! I'm with Shen, Sputnik looks great! I saw the falafel sandwich and that sounds yummy... although do they mean Israeli style would include fries and pickles? I feel like that's not really true lol! SOrry I digress.

    That coconut frozen yogurt sounds amazing! I'm such a coconut freak, that sounds so perfect and refreshing!

    Good luck with your meetings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely correct about the authentic Israeli style falafel sandwich. My friend briefly considered it, and asked about it!

      It was a nice and light flavor to round out the night.

      I am so happy to be finished with meetings for the week! Whew!

      Delete
  4. I've always wanted to try vegan hush puppies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny! They were tasty, and it's been sooo long since I had a hush puppy in general, I'll go ahead and say they taste the same.

      Delete
  5. Always a good thing to find another vegan friendly restaurant. Those tacos look great! I don't think I've ever had jackfruit. I just looked it up - funky looking stuff. ;-)

    I hope you're having a good week too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of jackfruit used in tacos on several occasions, probably due to it's shred-like fruit inside. A normal jackfruit? Never seen one in store nor tasted it!

      Thank you, it has been decent!

      Delete